A panic attack is an intense and immediate surge in the level of fear and anxiety of a person which in turn tricks you into believing that you are actually going to die or run mad. It is mainly characterized by an increase in the rate of heartbeats and difficulties in breathing. Panic attacks are not actually that dangerous but it is their overwhelming symptoms that convince you otherwise. I have had someone use maca root pills and got the attacks.
If you don’t overcome the symptoms soon enough, you’ll probably suffer from panic disorders that don’t enable you to operate normally. However, with early treatment, you can be able to deal with the symptoms and be in control of you life once again. So the main knowledgeable topic you need to equip yourself with is: What You Should Do If You Had A Panic Attack.
Before you focus on the What You Should Do If You Had A Panic Attack, you need to know the signs and symptoms of these attacks. Apart from the difficulty in breathing and increased rate of heartbeats, there is also sweating, chest pain, nausea, hot or cold flashes, a choking feeling and a feeling of detachment from the environment.
In case you suffer a panic attack some of the things you need to do include:
1. Accept the situation you are in-In order to overcome the panic attack, first you need to accept your situation. Don’t try to fight it, once you try to deny the situation and fail at it, you will only get more anxious and have more fear.
2. Stay put-The panic attack can last for a long period of time even up to an hour. During the attack you will not be in a condition to do anything so you need to stay put and keep safe.
3. Face you fear-The attacks are usually due to the fear of something happening to you. Try to face this fear and think of possible solutions to the problem causing the fear. You might actually get a working solution and reassure yourself.
4. Try to relax yourself-Panic attacks lead to tension, you start worrying about many things including what to even do next. This is not good for your current condition so you need to relax and shift your focus to something else like where you were going or what you were going to do.
5. Slow but deep breathing-These attacks lead to anxiety. When you are anxious you tend to breathe faster and relaxing becomes a problem. You therefore need to slow down, breathing slowly and deeply can actually help you calm down.
6. Thinking of positive situations and events -Panic attacks can make you think of negative and very dreadful experiences for example death among others. This only worsens the situation. As a counter attack mechanism, you need to start thinking positively for example what type of wedding you are looking forward to having. This is a good way to distract you from the real problem causing the fear that leads to the attack.
Panic attacks can be life threatening if not dealt with in time. Some of the treatment options for the attacks include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and medical treatment involving drugs such as Benzodiazepines and Antidepressants. Prevention is better than cure, don’t let the attack transform into a disorder.